Central, purpose-built premises to accommodate the EMA
“Biotope”, a tailor-made building fully suited to the needs of the EMA will be built to accommodate the Agency. Larger than the EMA’s current premises, it will be located in the heart of Lille’s business district, in the immediate vicinity of the stations and with numerous hotel rooms within walking distance. The provisional delivery timetable will fit in with the European schedule and that of the agency itself, so that it is fully operational in March 2019.
Located close to the transport networks, the 30,000 m² of the building project was designed for the EMA by architects from the Danish agency Henning Larsen and KeurK from Lille.
Biotope is :
- A real architectural feature ;
- Tailor-made for the EMA ;
- A quality facility for use and well-being ;
- Ready to accommodate the EMA from March 2019
High quality of use, well-being at work, securing spaces, respect for construction deadlines: the tailormade real estate project will perfectly meet the expectations of the Agency, its 890 employees and the 36,000 visitors and experts who visit each year.
Biotope will offer exceptional working conditions :
- A central location ;
- A secure 3,500 m2 outside space on the ground floor ;
- 27,000 m2 of total office space including 18,500 m2 of individual offices ;
- A light-filled, functional lobby ;
- Great clarity of the different spaces ;
- A 300-seat lecture theatre ;
- A bilingual crèche ;
- 47 equipped meeting rooms (seating 10 to 200) ;
- A lounge space on each floor ;
- A panoramic restaurant ;
- Private outside spaces on each floor ;
- Options for future building extension.